Posted: December 16, 2008
Links for December 15th through December 16th:
- Detroit’s big news as seen from a key design insider – SND Update – Matt Mannsfield gets some extra dirt on Tuesday's big newspaper shakeup in Detroit.
- Spot.us – Story: Bay Area Cement Plants and Global Warming – A good example of package reporting and entrepreneurial publishing ideas. Let's hope we see more of this; let's hope that it can sustain good journalism.
- Tomorrow’s News, Tomorrow’s Journalists » Blog Archive » TNTJ December: Building an online brand – some tips – "Forget Facebook, Bebo, MySpace etc, LinkedIn is the professional networking site and it can be used by potential employers to find you and see who you are and what you do."
- Today’s Thought: What/who will be left to rebuild journalism? | The Journalism Iconoclast – This is a humbling reflection. But does its author assume too much?
- Google Reader (579) – On administration of Twitter accounts: "For now, I'm trying out a service called Tweetlater that automatically follows people that follow @commoncraft and sends them a quick "thank you" message. It's not as personal as I'd like, and some spammers are using it for nefarious purposes, but it allows me to accomplish the goal of following people without having to take an action for every one. It's lightweight."
- Tomorrow’s News, Tomorrow’s Journalists » Blog Archive » TNTJ December: Marketing yourself online – your byline is your brand – "Feel uncomfortable with all this talk about you? Well, get used to it, this is the age of self-promotion, and we’ve just gotten started."
Posted: November 3, 2008
Links for October 29th through November 3rd:
- Where to Get Live Election Night Coverage Online : CyberJournalist.net – I can't believe spokesmanreview.com didn't get a mention!
- Twitter Vote Report : CyberJournalist.net – A civic-minded application of Twitter. Would love to see somebody follow this and evaluate its efficacy.
- washingtonpost.com – TimeSpace: Election – Great idea. Novel way of organizing a huge volume of stories and photos geared toward a neational audience.
- Link Once, Publish Everywhere: Publish2 Launches Connection to Twitter and Delicious » Publish2 Blog –
- What’s the Difference Between a Blog and a Web Site? — contentious.com – "If you think you’ll want to do more than blog, choose a platform that will let you expand. If you think you’ll want things like a forum, video library, or wiki, you’re probably better off building a site in on a more full-featured platform like WordPress, Drupal, Movable Type, or Expression Engine."